High Net-Worth Individuals (HNWIs) need a universal life insurance provider that will cover their family and assets regardless of what happens with their financial health. A universal life insurance policy is a type of insurance that provides coverage for the entire life of the policyholder.
This type of policy is designed to provide coverage for the cost of living in any location, regardless of the health or income of the policyholder. Universal life insurance policies are typically offered as part of a larger package of insurance that includes other types of coverage, such as term life insurance and disability insurance.
Jumbo insurance on the other hand is a type of insurance that covers a larger amount of coverage than regular insurance. It’s typically used by HNWIs, people who have a lot of assets, or who are worried about their finances. Jumbo insurance is typically a combination of auto, home, life, and health insurance.
Insurance is a financial tool used by HNWIs for asset diversification and estate planning.
If you’re looking for the best universal life insurance and jumbo insurance providers, you’re in the right place. We’ve scoured the web to find the best universal life insurance providers and jumbo insurance providers, and we’ve compiled a list of the top universal life insurance providers and jumbo insurance providers.
We’ve also included a brief overview of each company and a link to their website. So, let’s take a look at some of the best universal life insurers and Jumbo Insurance providers to help you find the right fit for your unique needs.
The high-net-worth markets are individuals with at least US$1 million of investable assets excluding primary residences. To date, there are approximately 12.4 million HNWIs. On the other hand, there are only 129,000 UHNWIs, the wealthiest market segment. They have investable assets of $30 million or more.
HNWs and UHNWs are the primary markets of high-face-amount universal life policies. There's no doubt that the high-net-worth market is growing rapidly. In fact, according to Forbes, the high-net-worth market is expected to reach $2 trillion by 2025. This growth is due in part to the increasing number of people who are becoming wealthier as the economy continues to improve.
There are a number of insurance providers that are perfect for the HNW markets. It started in the 1990s when companies like Charles Monat pioneered the incorporation of insurance in asset and estate planning. Come the 2000s, the Asian market also recognized the importance of insurance in estate planning, efficiency in taxes, and asset preservation. This resulted in higher support for Universal Life Insurance.
Fast forward to today, Universal Life Insurance is the primary product serving the HNW markets.
You can find the list of the most popular companies that offer Universal Life insurance and Jumbo insurance policies along with the details of the policies and features, benefits, and costs. These life insurance companies have been ranked the top life insurance providers and are the most trusted in the industry.
HQ Address: 80 Raffles Pl, #26-01/02, Singapore 048624
Phone: +65 6512 9888
International offices: Dubai, Geneva, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Labuan, Miami, Liechtenstein, Zurich
Founded in 1971, Charles Monat is a pioneer in the development of customized insurance-based wealth solutions. They are focused on brokerage advisory and services that help wealth preservation and liquidity creation. They cater to high-net-worth clients, affluent families, and executives of multinational companies.
With their global headquarters in Singapore and 8 satellite offices, Charles Monet has over 8,000 private clients in Asia, and Switzerland and serves clients from over 50 different countries.
Key Benefits and Features
1. Ease of Application - Charles Monat has a GIO or Guaranteed Insurance Offer, not requiring any medical underwriting.
2. Continuity - Charles Monet has the option to appoint secondary life insured or contingent insured to sustain insurance coverage.
3. Stability - The principal is protected from market volatility and backed by guaranteed policy value growth with a focus on medium to long-term sustainability in wealth accumulation.
4. Flexibility - Charles Monet offers multiple funding options, policy currency selection, choice of benefit settlement, and option to receive or accumulate income payout.
1. Asset Diversification
2. Wealth Preservation
3. Wealth Accumulation
4. Future Expense Planning
5. Family Lifestyle Protection
6. Retirement Planning
7. Business Insurance
8. Wealth Transfer
HQ Adress: IPG Financial Services Pte. Ltd., 79 Robinson Road, CapitaSky, #13-03, Singapore 068897
Phone: +65 6327 6888
International offices: Hong Kong, Malaysia, UAE, Zurich, Geneva, USA
IPG Howden has over 40 years of industry experience, partnering with the world’s most respected private banks, family offices, law firms, tax professionals, and other affluent individuals globally.
They are an independent global insurance broker, with over $50B in life insurance coverage placed globally, bagging the following awards:
- Cyber Risk Award 2020 Winner, Cyber Risk Awards
- Insurance Broker of the Year Award 2020, Insurance Insider
- P&C Broker of the Year 2021, Insurance Asia News
Howden One also has 95 territories worldwide, with over 25,000 insurance professionals and 45+ global partners.
Key Benefits and Features
Needs-Based Planning - IPG Howden provides access to globally-sourced life insurance solutions that can be customized to help grow, protect and preserve their client’s wealth whatever their wealth stage may be.
Step 1 - Identification
IPG Howden takes time to fully understand clients’ concerns, priorities, and aspirations to identify their wealth planning needs.
Step 2 - Implementation
IPG Howden provides clients with customized insurance-based solutions to ensure they have excess liquidity when needed most.
Step 3 - Review and Update
IPG Howden reviews the performance of their client’s portfolios annually to ensure their financial goals are met as their circumstances change.
HQ Address: Hong Kong, 東昌大廈
Phone: +852 2801 7000
International offices: Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, Shanghai, Zurich, Seattle
R.E. Lee International has delivered life insurance solutions for over 60 years. Their firm has a broad perspective and international scope, with clients situated in more than 65 countries around the world.
They provide quality and competitively priced life insurance available in the international market for their international clients. They cater to affluent high net-worth individuals, families, and business owners
Products and Services
1. Jumbo Life Insurance - R.E. Lee International offers a suite of Jumbo Life Insurance products featuring death benefits in excess of US$10 million. Jumbo policies have exceptionally high cash value during the lifetime of the insured individual.
2. Estate Planning
HQ Address: 38 Beach Rd, #03-11 South Beach Tower, Singapore 189767
Phone: 1800 880 4888 (Singapore) | (+65) 6880 4888 (International)
AXA Insurance Singapore and AXA Life Insurance Singapore are both parts of the AXA Group. They have been offering general insurance and life insurance to the Singaporean market since 1969 and 1999.
At present, more than a quarter of a million customers in Singapore, from individuals to established businesses, count on AXA Insurance to financially protect them, their loved ones, and their future. (*Source: https://www.axa.com.sg/latest-news/axa-announces-consolidation-of-general-and-life-insurance-entities-in-singapore)*
Insurance Products in Legacy and Wealth
1. AXA Private Wealth VUL - A jumbo whole-life plan designed to meet legacy and wealth accumulation needs.
2. AXA Privilege Wealth VUL - A whole life plan catered to provide protection and wealth planning.
3. Private Wealth Portfolio International - A whole life single premium life insurance service designed for your international investment needs.
HQ Address: 200 Bloor Street East Toronto, Ontario Canada M4W 1E5
With over 130 years in the industry, Manulife continuously improves people’s lives through its flagship products: insurance, group plans, and investments. Here are some important highlights last 2021:
- Core Earnings - $6.5 billion, total company core earnings grew 26% versus 2020.
- Net Income - $7.1 billion, net income attributed to shareholders increased by $1.2 billion from 2020.
- New Business Value - $2.2 billion, a 31% increase in new business value from 2020.
Manulife Universal Life Insurance
- Up to 1% rate enhancement guarantee
- Wide range of investment account options (Performax Gold Investment Fund, with 1% minimum guarantee)
- Competitive management fees
- No policy fee and no life fee
- Access to certain Manulife Vitality benefits at no cost on eligible policies, giving clients rewards for healthy living
HQ Address: 1 York Street, Toronto, Ontario M5J 0B6, Canada
Sunlife serves millions of clients in different parts of the world mostly in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., and Asia. They offer a broad range of protection and wealth products and services to individuals, businesses, and institutions, including:
- Insurance - Life, health, wellness, disability, critical illness, stop-loss, and long-term care insurance
- Investments - These range from mutual funds, annuities, segregated funds, and guaranteed investment products
- Advice - Financial planning and retirement planning services
- Asset management - Comprised of the following funds: pooled, pension, and institutional portfolios
Sunlife Universal Life Insurance
SunSpectrum Universal Life II - a straightforward and flexible permanent life insurance protection to help meet their client’s long-term needs, with an additional opportunity for tax-preferred growth in savings.
- A reduced paid-up feature (Clients stop making payments any time after age 7).
- A guaranteed investment bonus rewards clients for maintaining and growing their policy's fund value.
- Single and joint policies are available.
- Has diversified investment account options for the policy fund.
2. SunUniversalLife II - the most extensive combination of insurance features and investment account options for maximum flexibility.
- A choice of five death-benefit options and six cost-of-insurance options to meet the client’s current and future protection needs.
- Single and joint life policies are available.
- Has diversified investment account options for the policy fund.
Address: 10 Marina Boulevard, Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 2 Level 48, Singapore 018983
The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organizations that serve approximately 40 million customers globally. It was built in 1869, on the southern side of Statue Square near the location of the old City Hall, in Hong Kong. It was demolished in 1933, and today is a wholly owned subsidiary of London-based HSBC Holdings.
HSBC covers 63 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, North America, and Latin America. HSBC has products and services in Wealth and Personal Banking, Commercial Banking, and Global Banking & Markets.
Jade Legacy Universal Life Plans
- Guaranteed Interest Rate Lock options are available
- Loyalty Bonus of up to 1.5% of the Account Value (Applicable for only Jade Ultra Legacy Universal Life Plans)
- Multiple currency options are available
- No-Lapse Guarantee Benefit Option
- Option to convert to a Non-Lapse Guarantee Benefit
- Charitable Giving Benefit at no additional cost
- Accelerated Death Benefit at no additional cost
- Change of eligible Life Insured option
- Flexibility for multi-generational planning
The leading universal life insurance and jumbo insurance providers are all reputable companies that have made it their mission to provide high-quality products and services. With the right plan, you can secure peace of mind with no risk involved.